Remove Your Factory 2005 – 2008 Toyota Matrix Radio
- Turn your vehicle off
- Grab your thin tip plastic panel removal tool and start to carefully pop the dash cover from the bottom right side. Move up about 2 inches at a time if new to DIY dash removals.
- After panel is un-clipped fully, disconnect all harnesses from the rear EXCEPT “AIR BAG HARNESS”.
- Set panel on top of dash with a small cloth under as to not scratch dashboard.
- Remove all four 10 mil bolts holding the radio in. You’ll need a magnetic 10 millimeter socket for the bolt on the right deeper inside of the dash. If your socket is not magnetic just loosen the bolt up 90% of the way and slowly slide radio out.
- Loosen plastic clip on the left side to fully allow the radio to slide away from the dash.
- Lastly unplug all of the harnesses from the rear of the radio by pressing down on the small levers on the harnesses plug.
Amazon affiliate here: If you click any Amazon links on my pages and purchase any products I get a small commission from within the original price. Thank you!
- While dash is disassembled do not start vehicle, especially if you disconnected the air bag harness.