I was actually waiting until i fully experienced this radio to write the pioneer avh-x3700bhs review. I purchased this unit about 4 months ago to replace an older Sony double din receiver and I’ve been pretty happy with it.
Of course there are other more expensive higher end radios out there but for the price the AVH-3700BHS takes the cake. The user interface is very smooth and it quickly processes any command you throw at it.
Another thing that attracted me to this unit is the screen quality, with all of the new smartphones and tablets on the market today with HD quality screens there is definitely a lot of pressure on car audio companies to implement high quality screens into their head units.
Pioneer met this challenge head up and i can say without a doubt this is one the best displays I’ve seen on a head unit.
If you are looking for a non navigation radio with a touch screen interface that allows you to use your smartphone and maneuver through the user interface almost effortlessly then the pioneer avh-x3700bhs is the right radio for you!
PIONEER AVH-X3700BHS REVIEW: SPECIFICATIONS
- 6.2 touch screen.
- bluetooth for (phone calls & music streaming)
- Siri and Google voice.
- Color customization.
- HD radio for a high quality AM/FM experience.
- Navigation ready (AVIC-U260 required).
- Rear USB extension for smart phone and flash drive connection.
- mp3, wma, aac, wav formats for playback via USB.
- CD/CD-R/RW playback for maximum CD support.
- Application mode for (Iphone, Android) Via USB.
- SiriusXM functionality ( with additional tuner)
- Rear view camera input available.
- Rear auxiliary input.
- Pandora application for (Iphone)
PIONEER AVH-X3700BHS REVIEW: AUDIO SPECIFICATIONS
- 3 sets of 4 volt RCA pre-outs.
- 17 watt RMS per channel (50 watts Mosfet amplifier).
- 13 band equalizer.
- High pass filter and low pass filter options for front and rear speakers.
- Subwoofer control with subsonic filter.
- Time alignment adjust option.
PIONEER AVH-X3700BHS REVIEW: PROS & CONS
- User interface is easy to use.
- Display is bright and clear (easy to see).
- H.D Radio is phenomenal.
- Sound quality is great!
- Very fast to the touch (no lag in software).
- Smartphone integration.
- Many different add on options available.
pioneer avh-x3700bhs review Cons:
- Takes a long time to load my contacts into its address book (I have 200 contacts).
- Sometimes when I press the “Track up” button i accidentally press the “display off” button because of how close the two buttons are to each other.
PIONEER AVH-X3700BHS REVIEW: STEERING WHEEL CONTROLS
A company called I-DataLink makes really awesome programmable modules for a lot of different installations. The main one I use is the steering wheel control module.
The steering wheel control modules on the market today have huge fail rate, and as an installer you have to remove your clients radio and trouble shoot them, that’s a huge waste of time as an installer and very annoying for your clients too.
The Maestro by I-DataLink is a programmable steering wheel control module that I use on almost every steering wheel control installation because of its reliability and ease of installation. Inside of every box there are 2 wiring harness, a usb connector and an instruction manual.
All programming is done via a usb connection to your computer and all instructions unique to your vehicle in (wiring diagram) form are available on line directly on their website. If you have any questions about our pioneer avh-x3700bhs review feel free to feel out our form below!
Simply the easiest steering wheel control install ever!