The Soundigital 8000.1 4.0 evo Review – How Good Is The 8k?
Literally, every time I get the chance to sell A SounDigital 8000.1 Evo one of my other installers takes the installation or the customer decides to install it themselves. Bummer, but at least I’ve gotten the chance to tune a few and really listen to how ridiculously disrespectful this thing hits.
I kept a user manual from the last install a tech did here so that I could have the actual specs when I wrote this article. Without further due, this is the rundown of the 8000.1 Evo By soundigital.
What Sets The Soundigital 8k Apart?
What makes this amplifier so unique and popular? Well, for starters, it’s one of the most powerful car amplifiers on the market, capable of delivering a whopping 8,000 watts of power. That means you’ll be able to crank up the volume and enjoy your music like never before.
But it’s not just about power. The Soundigital 8000.1 Evo is also renowned for its exceptional sound quality, thanks to its advanced digital signal processing technology. This amplifier can deliver crisp, clear, and accurate sound reproduction that will make your music sound better than ever before.
8000.1 EVO 1ohm Vs 2ohm
SounDigital 8000.1 EVO 4.0 – 1 OHM
Power @ 1Ω: 1 X 8000W RMS
Power @ 2Ω: 1 X 5280W RMS
Power @ 4Ω: 1 X 3485W RMS
The 8000.1 EVO – 1 ohm version will achieve louder bass but will consume more power doing so. This amplifier also runs a little hotter after a while at high volumes.
SounDigital 8000.1 EVO 4.0 – 2 OHM
Power @ 1Ω: N/A
Power @ 2Ω: 1 X 8000W RMS
Power @ 4Ω: 1 X 5280W RMS
The 8000.1 EVO – 2 ohm version consumes a little less power but will not be able to make the same decibels. 2 ohm stable builds often heat up a little after jamming for a while.
Let’s Talk About Soundigital As a Brand
Of course, when it comes to car audio, brand and reputation are also important factors to consider. And in that regard, Soundigital is a name that you can trust. This company has been producing high-quality car audio equipment for years, and their products are known for their durability, reliability, and exceptional performance.
Another great feature of the Soundigital 8000.1 Evo is its expandability. This amplifier can be easily bridged to power multiple subwoofers, giving you even more flexibility and control over your car audio system. And with its adjustable crossover and gain controls, you can fine-tune your system to achieve the perfect sound.
When it comes to specifications, the Soundigital 8000.1 Evo is an impressive piece of equipment. It features a frequency response of 5Hz to 20kHz, a signal-to-noise ratio of >95dB, and a THD (total harmonic distortion) of 0.3%.
- Number of Channels: 1
- RMS Power at 1 Ohm 12.6V: 8000W RMS
- RMS Power at 2 Ohm 12.6V: 4800W RMS
- RMS Power at 4 Ohm 12.6V: 2600W RMS
- RMS Power at 1 Ohm 14.4V: 8800W RMS
- RMS Power at 2 Ohm 14.4V: 5500W RMS
- RMS Power at 4 Ohm 14.4V: 3000W RMS
- Power @ 12.6V Mono: 8000W
- Power @ 14.4V Mono: 8800W
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >95dB
- Frequency Response: 5Hz ~ 20KHz (-3dB)
- Crossover: HPF (Full / 20Hz ~ 80Hz) / LPF (60Hz ~ 25KHz)
- Input Sensitivity: 0.2V ~ 6V
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): <0.3%
- Efficiency: 86%
- Input Impedance: 22K Ohms
- Protection System: Short into Output / Power Supply High/Low / Thermal Protection
- Minimum Supply Voltage: 9V
- Maximum Supply Voltage: 16V
- Idle Consumption (12.6V): 3A
- Maximum Musical Consumption (12.6V): 400A
- Maximum Consumption (12.6V): 800A
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 229 x 65 x 390mm / 9 x 2.6 x 15.4 inches
Pros & Cons
As with any piece of equipment, there are pros and cons to consider. One of the biggest advantages of the Soundigital 8000.1 Evo is its power and sound quality. But on the downside, this amplifier is not the easiest to install. However, with a little patience and the right tools, you can get it up and running in no time.
- High power output: With a maximum power output of 8,000 watts, this amplifier is capable of delivering a powerful and clear sound.
- Multiple channels: The Soundigital 8000.1 evo has multiple channels, which allows for flexibility when setting up your sound system.
- Expandable: This amplifier is expandable, meaning that you can add additional speakers or other components to your sound system without needing to purchase a new amplifier.
- Compact size: Despite its high power output, the Soundigital 8000.1 evo has a compact size, making it easy to install in your car or other vehicle.
- Adjustable settings: The amplifier has a range of adjustable settings, including a bass boost and high and low pass cut filters, which allow you to customize the sound to your preferences.
- Expensive: The Soundigital 8000.1 evo is a high-end amplifier and may not be affordable for everyone.
- Requires expertise: Installing and setting up this amplifier can be challenging and requires expertise in car audio systems.
- Heavy: The amplifier is relatively heavy, which can make it difficult to install in certain vehicles.
- Not ideal for all music genres: The amplifier’s settings may not be optimal for all music genres, as some may require different frequency ranges.
- High power consumption: This amplifier has a high power consumption, which can strain your vehicle’s battery and electrical system.
What Comes In The Box?
The 8000.1 Evo amplifier is shipped with all the necessary cables and hardware for installation. And speaking of installation, what’s needed? You’ll need a power wire, a ground wire, and an RCA cable, as well as some basic tools like wire cutters, a screwdriver, and a drill.
Installing The 8000.1
When installing the Soundigital 8000.1 Evo, there are a few tips and tricks to keep in mind. First, make sure to properly ground the amplifier to prevent electrical interference and improve sound quality. Second, use high-quality wiring and connectors to ensure a solid connection and minimize signal loss. And finally, take the time to carefully adjust the gain and crossover controls for the best sound possible.
Tuning The 8000.1 Evo
Cross Over Adjustments
- Assign a value to the “HIGH” variable control that falls between 5 Hz and 80 Hz. This will determine the frequency range for the high-pass cut filter.
- Assign a value to the “LOW” variable control that falls between 50 Hz and 20 kHz. This will determine the frequency range for the low-pass cut filter.
- For the Bandpass option, you can assign a bandpass configuration by assigning the high and the low crossover positions.
Bass Boost Adjustments
The Bass Boost setting on the amplifier can be used to increase the volume of low-frequency sounds in the audio system. This is achieved through a semi-parametric equalizer circuit that includes a fixed filter with a “Q” value, an adjustable boost intensity ranging from 0 to +12dB (16 times), and a central frequency adjustment in 50Hz increments. This feature is versatile and can be used with a range of different sound systems.
Using The SounDigital 8000.1 Evo
When it comes to using the Soundigital 8000.1 Evo, there are also some tips and tricks to keep in mind. For example, it’s important to match the amplifier’s output to the impedance of your subwoofers to prevent damage and ensure optimal performance. And if you’re using multiple subwoofers, make sure to properly set the crossover frequency and gain levels for each one.
Overall, the Soundigital 8000.1 Evo is an impressive piece of car audio equipment that can deliver serious power and exceptional sound quality. While it may not be the easiest amplifier to install, with a little patience and the right tools, you can get it up and running in no time. And once you do, you’ll be able to enjoy your music like never before.
Need Help Installing any Audio Equipment?
How To Install A Car Amplifier
How to Install A Car Subwoofer
Looking For a New Audio System Build?