This cutting-edge device allows you to stay connected while on the road, with crystal-clear communication and top-notch audio quality. In this article, we’ll answer some of the most commonly asked questions about the glove-friendly Sena Smh10-11, so you can make an informed decision about whether this is the right device for you.
What are the key features of the Sena Smh10-11 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset & Intercom?
The Sena Smh10-11 is packed with features designed to make your ride safer and more enjoyable. Some of the key features include:
- Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity for seamless wireless communication – The Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity feature of Sena Smh10-11 allows you to connect to your phone or other Bluetooth-enabled devices without any cables or wires. This feature enables you to make hands-free phone calls, stream music, and use GPS navigation, all while keeping your hands on the handlebars.
- Advanced noise-canceling technology for crystal-clear audio quality – The Sena Smh10-11 features advanced noise-canceling technology that cancels out background noise and wind noise. This technology enhances the audio quality of your conversations, music, and other audio streams, making them crystal clear and easy to hear even in noisy environments.
- Intercom range of up to 900 meters (980 yards) – The intercom range of the Sena Smh10-11 allows you to communicate with other riders within a range of up to 900 meters (980 yards). This feature is useful when you are riding in a group or traveling with a partner.
- Universal Intercom protocol allows for communication with other Bluetooth headsets – The Universal Intercom protocol is a feature that allows you to communicate with other Bluetooth headsets, even if they are from different brands. This feature is useful when you are riding with other riders who use different Bluetooth headsets.
- Voice prompts and prompts for incoming calls and intercom connections – The Sena Smh10-11 features voice prompts that guide you through the various functions and features of the device. This feature is especially useful when you are riding and cannot look at the device’s screen. The device also prompts you when you receive incoming calls or when you are connected to an intercom.
- Built-in FM radio with 10 preset station memory – The Sena Smh10-11 features a built-in FM radio that allows you to listen to your favorite radio stations while riding. The device also has a preset station memory that stores up to 10 of your favorite stations.
- Up to 12 hours of talk time and 10 days of standby time – The Sena Smh10-11 has a long battery life, providing up to 12 hours of talk time and 10 days of standby time. This feature ensures that you can use the device for an extended period without worrying about the battery running out.
What Is The Difference Between the Single and Dual Smh10-11?
The main difference between the Sena SMH10-11 single and the dual is the number of units included in the package. The SMH10-11 single package includes one headset unit, while the SMH10-11 dual package includes two headset units.
This means that the dual package is ideal for two riders who want to communicate with each other, while the single package is better suited for solo riders who just want a Bluetooth headset for their own use.
Other than the number of units, the features and functionality of the SMH10-11 single and dual are the same. Both have Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity, advanced noise-canceling technology, an intercom range of up to 900 meters, and up to 12 hours of talk time.
How easy is it to install and use the Sena Smh10-11 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset & Intercom?
The Sena Smh10-11 is designed for easy installation and use. The device comes with all the necessary mounting hardware and can be installed in just a few minutes. Once installed, using the device is simple and intuitive. The device can be controlled via a single button, and voice prompts guide you through the various functions and features.
Here are the steps to install the Sena Smh10-11 on to most helmets:
- First, decide on the microphone type you want to use – boom or wired. If you have a full-face helmet, the boom microphone may be the best choice. For an open-face or modular helmet, the wired microphone may be more suitable.
- Attach the clamp mount to the Sena Smh10-11 device. To do this, insert the mounting bracket into the back of the device and then attach the clamp mount to the bracket. Tighten the screw to secure the mount in place.
- Position the mounting bracket on your helmet in the desired location. The ideal location is typically on the left-hand side of your helmet, close to your mouth.
- Once you have found the desired location, attach the clamp to the helmet by tightening the screw. Make sure the mount is secured tightly so that the device does not move while riding.
- Next, connect the microphone to the device. For the boom microphone, simply insert the microphone into the socket on the front of the device. For the wired microphone, thread the cable through the helmet and attach the microphone to the inside of the helmet using the adhesive pad.
- Finally, connect the speakers to the device. Position the speakers in the ear pockets of your helmet and attach them using the adhesive pads provided.
What Comes In The Box
When you purchase the Sena SMH10-11 Bluetooth headset and intercom, the following items are typically included inside the box:
- 1 SMH10-11 headset main unit
- 1 clamp unit
- 1 boom microphone
- 1 USB power and data cable
- 1 cigarette charger
- 1 glued surface mounting adapter
- 1 microphone sponge
- 1 velcro pad for speakers
- 2 speaker pads
- 1 Allen wrench
- 1 foam speaker covers
It’s important to note that the exact contents of the box may vary slightly depending on where you purchase the SMH10-11 and the specific package you select. However, most packages should include all the essential components needed to install and use the headset.
Issues that people may encounter during installation
- difficulty in attaching the mount to the helmet
- microphone or speaker placement
- cable management
To avoid these issues, ensure that the helmet surface is clean and dry before attaching and installing the mount, position the microphone and speakers carefully, and use cable clips to keep the cables organized and out of the way.
Some tips and tricks for installation:
include using a hairdryer to warm the adhesive pads before attaching them to the helmet, using a thin plastic card to press the adhesive pads firmly in place, and adjusting the microphone and speaker positions until you achieve the best sound quality.
Sena Smh10-11 Pros & Cons
- Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity for seamless wireless communication
- Advanced noise-canceling technology for crystal-clear audio quality
- Intercom range of up to 900 meters (980 yards)
- Universal Intercom protocol allows for communication with other Bluetooth headsets
- Voice prompts and prompts for incoming calls and intercom connections
- Built-in FM radio with 10 preset station memory
- Up to 12 hours of talk time and 10 days of standby time
- Versatile mounting options for different helmet types
- Easy to install and use
- Durable construction that can withstand harsh weather conditions
- Higher price point compared to some other motorcycle Bluetooth headsets
- Larger and bulkier than some other models, which may be uncomfortable for some users
- May require adjustments to microphone and speaker placement to achieve optimal sound quality
- Buttons on the device can be difficult to use while wearing gloves
- Some users may experience connectivity issues, especially in areas with high levels of interference.
Is the Sena Smh10-11 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset & Intercom compatible with all helmets?
The Sena Smh10-11 is designed to be compatible with a wide variety of helmet styles. It comes with both a boom microphone and a wired microphone, allowing you to choose the microphone that works best for your helmet. The boom microphone is ideal for full-face helmets, while the wired microphone is suitable for open-face or modular helmets.
The device also comes with a variety of mounting options, including a clamp mount and a double-sided adhesive mount, allowing you to attach the device to different helmet types.
The clamp mount is suitable for helmets with a clamp-friendly design, while the double-sided adhesive mount is ideal for helmets with a flat surface. Overall, the Sena Smh10-11 is versatile and should work with most helmet styles.
Using The Sena For Phone Calls
To use the Sena Smh10-11 for calling, you first need to pair it with your phone via Bluetooth. Once paired, you can answer and make calls using voice commands or the buttons on the device.
When you receive an incoming call, the device will prompt you with an audio alert, and you can answer the call by pressing the call button. Similarly, to make a call, you can initiate it using voice commands or by pressing the call button and using voice dialing if your phone supports it.
Using The Sean For Media Playback
To use the Sena Smh10-11 for music listening, you need to pair it with your phone or music player via Bluetooth. Once paired, you can play music from your phone or music player, and the audio will be streamed to the Sena Smh10-11.
You can control the music playback using voice commands or the buttons on the device. The device also features an FM radio that you can use to listen to your favorite radio stations. To use the FM radio, you need to press and hold the jog dial until you hear a beep, and then use the jog dial to tune in to your desired station.
The Sena SMH10-11 is an updated version of the SMH10-10 with a few key differences. The SMH10-11 features Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity, while the SMH10-10 has Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR. This means that the SMH10-11 offers a more stable and reliable wireless connection, as well as improved audio quality.
What’s The Difference between the SMH10-10 and the SMH10-11?
Another difference is that the SMH10-11 features advanced noise-canceling technology for crystal-clear audio quality, while the SMH10-10 does not have this feature. The noise-canceling technology helps to eliminate wind and background noise, making it easier to hear and be heard while riding.
Additionally, the SMH10-11 has a slightly larger intercom range of up to 900 meters (980 yards), compared to the SMH10-10’s intercom range of up to 700 meters (760 yards).
Overall, the SMH10-11 offers improved connectivity, audio quality, and range compared to the SMH10-10, making it a better choice for those who want the latest technology and features.
Overall, the Sena Smh10-11 Motorcycle Bluetooth Headset & Intercom is an excellent choice for riders who want to stay connected while on the road. With its advanced noise-canceling technology, long-range intercom capabilities, and easy installation, the Smh10-11 is the ultimate communication tool for motorcyclists. While it may be more expensive than some other devices on the market, its advanced features and high-quality audio make it a worthwhile investment for serious riders.