AudioControl DM-810 vs Audison Bit One –
If you’re in the market for a digital signal processor (DSP) to enhance your car audio system, you may be considering the AudioControl DM-810 or the Audison Bit One. Both of these DSPs are highly regarded in the car audio community, but they have different strengths and weaknesses that make them suitable for different types of installations.
Table of Contents
Our Take On The AudioControl DM-810
Let’s start by looking at the AudioControl DM-810. This DSP is manufactured by AudioControl, a company that has been making audio equipment for over 40 years. The DM-810 is a versatile 8-channel processor that can handle up to 10 inputs, including Bluetooth, high-level speaker, and low-level RCA. It has a high-resolution 32-bit audio processor that can handle sample rates up to 192kHz and a dynamic range of 118dB.
One of the standout features of the DM-810 is its software. AudioControl’s DM Smart DSP app makes it easy to adjust the settings and tune your system. The app is available for both iOS and Android and provides a user-friendly interface with real-time adjustments, signal analysis, and auto-EQ. The DM-810 also has an onboard digital signal LED clipping indicator that helps you avoid distortion.
Our Take On The Audison Bit One
The Audison Bit One, on the other hand, is manufactured by Elettromedia, an Italian company that has been producing high-end car audio equipment for over 30 years. The Bit One is a 24-bit, 8-channel processor that can handle up to 6 inputs, including high-level, low-level, and optical. It has a dynamic range of 106dB, which is lower than the DM-810.
Like the DM-810, the Bit One comes with software that makes it easy to tune your system. The Audison Bit Tune app is available for iOS and Android and provides a graphical interface for adjusting the settings. The app includes advanced features such as time alignment, phase adjustment, and an advanced equalizer.
DM-810 And Bit One Hardware Differences
When it comes to the hardware, the DM-810 and Bit One have some notable differences. The DM-810 has an analog input and output section that is fully differential, meaning it can handle balanced signals with low noise and distortion. The Bit One, on the other hand, has an optical input and output that provides a clean signal with no noise or interference.
In terms of what comes in the box, the DM-810 includes the processor, a power cable, a USB cable, and a user manual. The Bit One includes the processor, a power cable, a USB cable, a software CD, and a user manual. Both processors can be used with optional remote controls and accessory modules to expand their capabilities.
I and my team sat down and came up with a list of important Pros and Cons for the DM-810. These are both flagship Signal processors but once you’ve installed a few of these you’ll start pickup a few pros here, and a few cons there.
AudioControl DM-810 Pros & Cons
|AudioControl DM-810 Pros||AudioControl DM-810 Cons|
|A versatile 8-channel processor that can handle up to 10 inputs, including Bluetooth, high-level speaker, and low-level RCA.||Does not have an optical input and output, which some users may prefer.|
|High-resolution 32-bit audio processor that can handle sample rates up to 192kHz and a dynamic range of 118dB.||May not have as advanced tuning features as the Audison Bit One DSP.|
|User-friendly DM Smart DSP app for iOS and Android that provides real-time adjustments, signal analysis, and auto-EQ.|
|Onboard digital signal LED clipping indicator that helps you avoid distortion.|
|Analog input and output section that is fully differential, meaning it can handle balanced signals with low noise and distortion.|
Audison Bit One Pros & Cons
|Audison Bit One Pros||Audison Bit One Cons|
|24-bit, 8-channel processor that can handle up to 6 inputs, including high-level, low-level, and optical.||Has a dynamic range of 106dB, which is lower than the AudioControl DM-810.|
|Comes with an advanced Audison Bit Tune app for iOS and Android that includes time alignment, phase adjustment, and an advanced equalizer.||Can only handle up to 6 inputs, which may not be sufficient for some installations.|
|Optical input and output that provides a clean signal with no noise or interference.||Does not have an onboard LED clipping indicator like the DM-810.|
|Comes with a software CD, which may not be as convenient as the DM-810’s app-based software.|
Ultimately, the pros and cons of each DSP will depend on your specific needs and preferences. If you need more inputs and higher resolution, the DM-810 may be the better choice. If you prefer advanced tuning features and an optical input and output, the Bit One may be the way to go.
Need Help Installing any Audio Equipment?
How To Install A Car Amplifier
How to Install A Car Subwoofer
Looking For a New Audio System Build?
Features VS Features
Both of these DSPs offer a range of powerful features for advanced sound tuning and setup. They are 2 of the most popular and well respected signal processors in their class.
5 reasons To Get the Audison Bit One DSP
- Advanced tuning features: The Audison Bit One comes with a range of advanced tuning features, including time alignment, phase adjustment, and an advanced equalizer. These features allow for precise sound tuning and help you get the best possible sound from your audio system.
- Optical input and output: The Audison Bit One has an optical input and output, which provides a clean and interference-free signal. This is particularly useful for high-end audio systems, where signal quality is crucial.
- Bit Tune app: The Audison Bit One comes with the Bit Tune app for iOS and Android devices, which provides real-time adjustments and tuning capabilities. This app makes it easy to fine-tune your audio system and get the sound you want.
- Automatic De-Equalization (DEQ): The Audison Bit One includes a DEQ feature that can automatically correct the EQ of your factory sound system. This can help improve the sound quality of your system without requiring extensive tuning.
- Compact size: The Audison Bit One is relatively compact, making it easy to install in a variety of different vehicles. This can be particularly useful if you have limited space in your car or truck.
5 reasons To Get The AudioControl DM-810 DSP
- High-quality audio processing: The AudioControl DM-810 uses a 32-bit DSP processor with a sample rate up to 192 kHz and a dynamic range of 118 dB. This results in high-quality audio processing and a clean, clear sound.
- LED clipping indicators: The AudioControl DM-810 features LED clipping indicators, which make it easy to set up and tune your audio system. The indicators light up when the signal is being clipped, allowing you to adjust the settings accordingly.
- DM Smart DSP app: The AudioControl DM-810 comes with the DM Smart DSP app for iOS and Android devices, which allows for real-time adjustments, signal analysis, and auto-EQ. This app is easy to use and can help you fine-tune your audio system quickly and easily.
- 30 bands of equalization per channel: The AudioControl DM-810 has 30 bands of equalization per channel, with adjustable Q, frequency, and gain. This provides a high degree of flexibility and allows you to fine-tune your audio system to your exact preferences.
- Fully differential input and output section: The AudioControl DM-810 has a fully differential input and output section, which can handle balanced signals with low noise and distortion. This results in a clean and accurate sound, even at high volumes.
So, which DSP is better? It depends on your needs and preferences. If you want a DSP with more inputs, higher resolution, and better dynamic range, the DM-810 is the way to go. If you prefer an optical input and output and advanced tuning features, the Bit One may be a better choice.
In conclusion, both the AudioControl DM-810 and Audison Bit One are excellent DSPs that can help you get the most out of your car audio system. They have different strengths and weaknesses, so it’s important to choose the one that best suits your needs. Regardless of which DSP you choose, you can be confident that you’re getting a high-quality product from a reputable manufacturer.